[Zope] External Editor and LocalFS

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:08:11 -0700

Thanks, you are correct regarding the pencil icon.  It seems to work by
using the /externalEdit_/ prepend to the tail of the URL.  I'm getting a
lock 401 unauthorized (no authorization header) message, but I suspect
that's just my setup and I'll figure it out.  Nice product.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Casey Duncan [mailto:casey@zope.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 1:51 PM
To: Meilicke, Scott; 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope] External Editor and LocalFS

If the objects in a localFS support FTP editing, then they are supported by
ExternalEditor. I imagine the problem is not that they cannot be edited, but

that the pencil icons do not show up.

My guess is that LocalFS implements its own object manager contents view.
Since ExEditor only overrides the default one so that it shows the pencil
icons, LocalFS is not affected.

A similar problem happens with OrderedFolder.

-Casey