[Zope] External Editor question

eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com eric.n.dunn@bankofamerica.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:52:45 -0400

I was able to get External Editor working on a Solaris box and W2K Client.
I used Python-2.2.1.exe, win32all-148.exe, and zopeedit-win32-0.5.exe on W2K
client.
I only had to add an editor path to the ZopeEdit.ini to get it to work on
the client (Product already installed on ZServer)

Works great with one (1) editor path but how do I get it to differentiate
from a text editor (or html editor) and an image editor?

Read your doc's and it should have worked because file types are already
config'ed.

# C:\ZopeExternalEditor\ZopeEdit.ini
# Zope External Editor helper application configuration

[general]
# General configuration options

# Uncomment and specify an editor value to override the editor
# specified by the operating system
# editor = "C:\Program Files\TextPad 4\TextPad.exe"
# editor = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe" "%1"
editor = "C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver UltraDev 4\UltraDev.exe"
"%1"

# Automatic save interval, in seconds. Set to zero for
# no auto save (save to Zope only on exit).
save_interval = 0

# Temporary file cleanup. Set to false for debugging or
# to waste disk space. Note: setting this to false is a
# security risk to the zope server
cleanup_files = 1

# Use WebDAV locking to prevent concurrent editing by
# different users. Disable for single user use or for
# better performance
use_locks = 1

# To suppress warnings about borrowing locks on objects
# locked by you before you began editing you can
# set this flag. This is useful for applications that
# use server-side locking, like CMFStaging
always_borrow_locks = 0

# Specific settings by content-type or meta-type. Specific
# settings override general options above. Content-type settings
# override meta-type settings for the same option.

[meta-type:DTML Document]
extension=.dtml

[meta-type:DTML Method]
extension=.dtml