[Zope] redirect request and the options property

Borislav borislavd@gmx.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:09:06 -0500

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar wrote:
> No way for the redirect. That starts a new request, and Youmust tell the
> client to send the data. The simplest way is to put them in the request:
>
> return context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(request.URL1 + '/myPage?errorMessage='+errorMessage)

I didn't choose this method because I want to hide internal details from
end users. I prefer to keep the URL as 'clean' as possible...

> But why do you need the redirect at all? Does
> "context.myPage(errorMessage='some error message')" not work?

It does work, but the browser will 'misleadingly' show the script name
in the URL field while displaying the output of a different object. I
guess my concerns are more about aesthetics than functionality here :-)

> Hm, looks like you need to store the data in the session ... that is
> what is has been invented for ;-)

I wonder why I didn't think about that earlier :-)

Thanks.