[Zope] cross browser compatibility

Philip Kilner phil@xfr.co.uk
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:20:16 +0100

Hi,

In article <A0CB750E1402D511A47600A0C9E110D101CD1FAF@IWA-MERCURY>, Scott
Meilicke wrote:
> I look at my server logs over the past year and when a browser hits 2-3% or
> lower, stop worrying about back supporting its bugs and inconsistencies.

What about browsers used by e.g. blind people who may use Lynx and the like
to drive text-to-speech systems?

I'm not "having a go" - I wanted to raise the subject for the benefit of
anybody to whom it had not occurred, and I wanted to understand if you were
saying that you wouldn't pander to obsolete browsers which are not standards
compliant (I wouldn't), or if you were rejecting the principle that web sites
should "degrade gracefully" for those with less spiffy user agents...

On this topic, folks might find the following link interesting: -

http://www.digital-web.com/features/feature_2002-09.shtml

Regards,

PhilK

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:12 +0100 @ Ganesh

EMail: phil@xfr.co.uk / Phone, Voicemail & Facsimile: 07902 070518

Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I
understand. - Chinese saying