[Zope] Odd problem updating a PostgreSQL DB

Tim Wilson wilson@visi.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:47:59 -0500

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a project off and on for a while now and I've run
into a bug that has me stumped. The project is a PostgreSQL-driven event
database for my school district. I've built a user interface to the
database, but there's a problem when I try to update the results of an
athletic event.

When I attempt to update an event score, it works perfectly unless one
of the scores is 0. The SQL update completely ignores the zero value and
leaves it as NULL. If I go back and enter two non-zero numbers, things
work fine. If I then go back and change one of the scores to a 0, that
change is ignored and the old non-zero score remains.

Any ideas? I've looked carefully at the code and don't see anything
obvious. I can certainly post it if anyone is interested in looking more
closely, but I wonder if this little problem is a common one and I'm
just missing something between my ears.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com