[Zope] The "' 'in ' requires character as left operand" bug (was: Problem with Security tab, at the root)

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:06:43 +0000 (UTC)

Ausum Studio <ausum_studio@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I found the problem, and it was due to a bug in the MyMediaManager product
> 1.1.1 which I installed for testing purposes a while ago.
> The problem consists in that the role Manager for the CreditTool Module
> isn't declared as a single element tuple, but as a string.
>
> -       setDefaultRoles(ManagePayments, ('Manager'))
> +       setDefaultRoles(ManagePayments, ('Manager',))

Ah, excellent that you tracked that down, I had been wondering what
could have caused those multilple reports of strange corruption of the
permission/role map at the root (someone had that problem on IRC a while
ago too).

I don't use MMM but that's good to keep in mind for other product developers.

Florent