[Zope] Newbie needs a little help (Dynamic SELECTS and Formulator)

Dag Nygren dag@newtech.fi
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:11:50 +0300

Hi,

hope someone has the patience and skill to give me a nice
answer on this...

The situation is that I want to make a form for entering data
into a database,
- There should be 3 SELECT:s on the top which should give some
  properties of the entered data.
- I The trick is that these SELTECs are dependent on each other. ie.
  Selecting alternative 1 from the first select should (by using ONCHANGE=
)
  change the possible alternatives of the second box.
- The alternatives are easy to extract from the database and I have a ZSQ=
L =

method
  for doing that, but my problem is getting the thing to work in
  Formulator.
- I have a method that returns the item list for Select 2 accepting as an=
 =

argument
  the current selected  value of Select2, but I cannot seem to find the w=
ay to =

pass
  this value from the Form. Whatever I do  in Formulator I end up with =

  an undefined variable.

Surely this way of doing dataentry cannot be that unusual????

Thanks in advance

-- =

Dag Nygren                               email: dag@newtech.fi
Oy Espoon NewTech Ab                     phone: +358 9 8024910
Tr=E4sktorpet 3                              fax: +358 9 8024916
02360 ESBO                              Mobile: +358 400 426312
FINLAND