[Zope] cross browser compatibility

Passin,Thomas B. (Tom) tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:22:53 -0400

[ Mark McEahern]
>=20
> How do Zope folks negotiate the tension between supporting=20
> 4.x browsers and developing standards compliant websites?
>=20
> I'd be interested to hear any techniques, strategies,=20
> policies you've found helpful--also, if you have a=20
> perspective from which my question seems to embrace a false=20
> dichotomy, please share that too!
>=20

I try to use only the simplest features, so that they will be supported
to some degree on most browsers, and I do a lot of testing on at least
the three main browsers - IE, Mozilla, Netscape 4.7x.  You also want to
remember that you cannot control the screen resolution, and a lot of
people still use 800X600.  So it does not pay to get to precise in
screen design, I think, and you should spend the time getting something
acceptable on a wide range of systems.

If you use this approach, accessibility issues will be much easier to
deal with.

Cheers,

Tom P