[Zope] traversal problems

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:14:34 +0100

Mario Bianchi wrote:

> To achieve this, I wrote a SimpleItem class (called Prova for now) with
> a __bobo_traverse__ method that does nothing but returning an
> unrestrictedTraverse on the new path (which is the original one splitted
> in the middle and joined with the path that traverses the session data
> manager of interest).

I'm not sure your __bobo_traverse__ is doing what it should :-S

> Unfortunately, this doesn't work: the SESSION object is not (lazily)
> appended to the REQUEST, but I can't figure out why.

Because I don't think __bobo_traverse__ works as you expect, but I can't
remember off the top of my head how it does work. Have a look at REQUEST.steps
to see what names you have traversed and check your session data manager is
being covered.

> Also, I don't know if this is the right way of implementing the
> behaviour described above or should I use response.redirect() instead.

might be simpler... Have a look at the PathHandler product to see how
__bobo_traverse__ hooks actually work and see if you can make it fit your model...

cheers,

Chris