[Zope] error with tal:condition="python:x in s"

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 07:27:52 -0700

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 12:47:35PM +0200, Hedley Roos wrote:
> It seems as though s is not treated as a list of strings, rather as a single
> string. 'In' would thus look for a character, since a string is a list of
> characters.

That's my bet too. FOr this kind of traceback, it's often helpful
to "View Source" in your browser: it was robably something
like:

TypeError: 'in <string>' requires character as left operand

Angle brackets are used by python to show the type of objects in
tracebacks like this, but your browser helpfully thinks it's a tag
and hides it from you.  The <string> would have been a clue...

--PW

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"