[Zope] Changing Passwords (exUserFolder, CMF)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:44:50 +0200

Bryan C. Andregg writes:
 > I have exUserFolder (postgresql) and the CMF working very well
 > together. I've written a short form and script to allow users to change
 > their passwords that returns a redirect to a "user profile" page. The script
 > runs great until the redirect and then prompts the user for their username and
 > password again (presumably because it's been changed). I'd like to skip this
 > step if possible. Ideas?
No way around that when you use "Basic Authentication".

When you use "Cookie Authentication" you should call "exUserFolder"s
"validate" or "authenticate" method (I always forget which is the correct
one) to reauthenticate the user after the password change.

Dieter