[Zope] Custom id genaration on copy/paste of ZClass

Ralph vd Houdt ralph@ezcompany.nl
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:19:28 +0200

Hi All,

I created my own ZClass which has a generated id, when I copy & paste the
ZClass in the same folder I want a new id generated for the copy and not
the automatic 'copy_of' id. I looked at CopySupport.py and it states:

    def _get_id(self, id):
        # Allow containers to override the generation of
        # object copy id by attempting to call its _get_id
        # method, if it exists.
        n=0
        if (len(id) > 8) and (id[8:]=='copy_of_'):
            n=1
        orig_id=id
        while 1:
            if self._getOb(id, None) is None:
                return id
            id='copy%s_of_%s' % (n and n+1 or '', orig_id)
            n=n+1

Is it possible te override this method in a ZClass to create my own id's

Greetings Ralph