[Zope] crashing zope and Redhat 7.2

Rudi asn r.ladinig@asn-ibk.ac.at
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:19:50 +0200

I'm trying to set up a webserver on a Redhat 7.2 Intel server. At first
I installed  Zope 2.3 . Every time I tried to ftp to the server, the
zope server crashed. Looking at zope.org, I found I should look for the
correct python version and upgrade to zope 2.5.
Now I got zope 2.5.1 installed. Whenever I am working at
www.server.at/manage (for example creating a new user or a new folder)
the server
crashes  and I have to reboot the whole system. Not only zserver
crashes, the Redhat 7.2 crashes (no access with the console or network).

I never(!!) experienced, that a linux computer crashes completely, I
always thought only windows computer do this.
My question: Does this look like a hardware problem (memory chips ?) or
did anyone experience a similar problem?

Ladinig Rudi
Borg Innsbruck
mail: r.ladinig@asn-ibk.ac.at