[Zope] database in zope

Julian Melville jmelville@selectaustralasia.com.au
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:47:02 +1000

> my question is.... what do you think is the best database for zope???

Well ZODB works very well fopr certain types of problem.

If you mean relational database, I've had good success with both MySQL and
SQL Server 7 on Windows. I have one app based on SQL Server which returns
multi-thousand row recordsets to Zope and caches them and it works fine -
it's extremely reliable.

Depends on your requirements and budget really - do you need to be able to
use stored procs, triggers, blah blah, or are you just looking to store a
bit of data in tabular form.

PostgreSQL, AFAIK, only runs on Windows under the Cygwin environment so it'd
probably be a bit more fiddly to deal with.

Julian.