[Zope] crashing zope and Redhat 7.2

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:39:51 +0200

Rudi asn writes:
 > Now I got zope 2.5.1 installed. Whenever I am working at
 > www.server.at/manage (for example creating a new user or a new folder)
 > the server
 > crashes  and I have to reboot the whole system. Not only zserver
 > crashes, the Redhat 7.2 crashes (no access with the console or network).
 >
 > I never(!!) experienced, that a linux computer crashes completely, I
 > always thought only windows computer do this.
Something seems to be quite wrong with your system.

Check the log files (usually located under "/var/log" or "/var/adm").

 > My question: Does this look like a hardware problem (memory chips ?)
I would be surprised if it were are hardware problem.
It is too deterministic for that.
I expect some software problem and hope you will find some indications
in a (Linux) log file.

Dieter