[Zope] Major problems with slow catalog querie

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:16:32 +0200

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Lea_Smith?= writes:
 > I have also found that the catalog becomes very
 > sluggish after a 'find and catalog' to catalog the
 > 10,500 items. It takes 10 mins for the catalog to
 > return with the 'catalog' tab listing the cataloged
 > items. It takes a further 10 mins before the python
 > process drops its usuage of the processor from 90-95%
 > down to 0-10%. From this point on, the catalog takes
 > 40-45 seconds to return found items using the site
 > search form. Restarting Zope brings the catalog back
 > to the 1.5-5 seconds I had achieved previously.
Seems that you hit the main memory limit on your machine.

  Try to flush the ZODB cache (--> Control_Panel --> Database management --> Flush Cache) and see whether it brings down the time without a need to restart
  Zope.

Dieter