[Zope] Major problems with slow catalog querie

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:57:12 -0400

first thing you really need to do is increase the "target size". right
now you are telling zope to keep the number of cached objects at 400,
even though you obviously have the machine power to handle much more
than that. this leads to aggressive wiping of objects out of the cache,
which have to be read in again, etc, slowing down everything.

i would set that to maybe 5000 and then watch for a couple days how the
"Total number of objects in all caches" number reacts. you want to be
at a point where the two numbers are not too far apart, with the
"target size" being higher so that zope will not be aggressive about
wiping the cache.

jens