[Zope] Re: List of "current" and deprecated products?

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:54:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Mark McEahern wrote:

> I don't need no stinking archives to know I'm wrong.  <wink>
>
> Anyway, I think we're in violent agreement.  By publish then filter, I mean
> for example this:
>
> Rather than putting up obstacles to people creating third party Zope
> products (i.e., learning and using a bug tracking system, requiring them to
> write documentation), let them party on.  However, you can provide style
> guides, provide a feedback system--all voluntary stuff that lets the
> community generate and filter quality.
>
> If I still misunderstand your point, please clarify.
I think we agree in general.  I'm just thinking more about the technique
to realize.  (Sorry - can't follow the interesting link which is provided
by Sidnei - very slow connection on my side currently :-(( ).

I will not try to put obstacles to people.  Just creating a
repository of Zope products and linking it with a Bug Tracking facility
as well as some kind f standard documentation should not be very hard
for a set of volunteers.  If upstream authors catch the sense they will
do it themselves in most cases (I expect).  If not it can be done by
some interested people.  There is not much to learn on systems like
SourceForge or the Debian BTS (controled by mails and simple client
software).  Just try to have a look on those systems.  It is in general
much more easy than programming a Zope product.

> > I do not believe.  There are proves in the archive that you are wrong.
>
> Rather than asserting that my entire Being is Wrong, it hurts a little less
> if you say, "What you are saying is not true."  <wink>
Sorry - I did not want to hurd anybody.  It's just the way I used to
express my ideas in short.

Kind regards

        Andreas.