[Zope] Mandrake upgrade (8.1 -> 8.2) , can't connect to Zope

Marcio Marchini mqm@magma.ca
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:46:26 -0400

Hi,

	I used to have Zope running ok as PCGI "behind Apache", under Linux Mandrake
8.1

	After an upgrade to Mandrake 8.2, when I connect to Zope (same URL as before) I
get this:

-------------------
!
Temporarily Unavailable
The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again later.

C-Runtime errno:
No such file or directory

PCGI Error:
(102) failure during connect to ZServer

Explanation:
The PCGI-wrapper program, spawned by Apache to handle the HTTP request via the
standard CGI protocol, is unable to connect to the ZServer background process
via Unix socket /var/run/pcgi.soc.

-------------------

	ls /var/run shows this:

console/             iplog.pid            proftpd/            syslogd.pid
console.lock         klogd.pid            proftpd.pid         usb/
crond.pid            linuxconf.restartdb  routes.current      utmp
drakxtools_http.pid  netreport/           routes.current.bak  webmin/
gpm.pid              postmaster.pid       runlevel.dir        xfs.pid
httpd-perl.pid       prelude.pid          sshd.pid            xinetd.pid
httpd.pid            prelude_report.pid   sudo/

	And a Zope restart always shows this:

[root@p200 cgi-bin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/zope restart
Shutting down zope:                                             [FAILED]
Starting zope:                                                  [  OK  ]

	A more /var/log/zope shows this (no timestamps, too bad)

ImportError: No module named ZPublisher
/usr/lib/python2.2/FCNTL.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is
deprecated;
 please use fcntl
  DeprecationWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "z2.py", line 540, in ?
    import ZServer
  File "/usr/share/zope/ZServer/__init__.py", line 138, in ?
    from HTTPServer import zhttp_server, zhttp_handler
  File "/usr/share/zope/ZServer/HTTPServer.py", line 116, in ?
    from PubCore import handle
  File "/usr/share/zope/ZServer/PubCore/__init__.py", line 86, in ?
    import ZRendezvous
  File "/usr/share/zope/ZServer/PubCore/ZRendezvous.py", line 87, in ?
    from ZServerPublisher import ZServerPublisher
  File "/usr/share/zope/ZServer/PubCore/ZServerPublisher.py", line 85, in ?
    from ZPublisher import publish_module
ImportError: No module named ZPublisher

	If I go to KDE, Services, Mandrake believes Zope *is* running.

	A Google search on zope mandrake pcgi did not return anything useful to me.

	Any ideas anybody ? Maybe the Apache upgrade hosed something ?

	Thanks,

marcio