[Zope] Mandrake upgrade (8.1 -> 8.2) , can't connect to Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:15:35 +0200

Marcio Marchini writes:
 > 	I used to have Zope running ok as PCGI "behind Apache", under Linux Mandrake
 > 8.1
 >
 > 	After an upgrade to Mandrake 8.2, when I connect to Zope (same URL as before) I
 > get this:
 >
 > -------------------
 > !
 > Temporarily Unavailable
 > The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again later.
 >

 > C-Runtime errno:
 > No such file or directory
Seems, the "pcgi" process cannot be started or does not find the
socket to connect to Zope.

Maybe, the Zope that comes with Mandrake 8.2 no longer supports PCGI
out of the box.

Anyway, I would drop PCGI anyway and would connect Zope to
Apache with a RewriteRule (+ mod_proxy) in Apache and a VHM
in Zope. HowTo on Zope.org.
This is more efficient and more flexible.

Dieter