[Zope] Mandrake upgrade (8.1 -> 8.2) , can't connect to Zope

Marcio Marchini mqm@magma.ca
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:14:56 -0400

| Maybe, the Zope that comes with Mandrake 8.2 no longer supports PCGI
| out of the box.

	I don't believe the Mandrake Upgrade also upgraded Zope. I think it kept my
original install. But I don't know how to verify that.

| Anyway, I would drop PCGI anyway and would connect Zope to
| Apache with a RewriteRule (+ mod_proxy) in Apache and a VHM
| in Zope. HowTo on Zope.org.
| This is more efficient and more flexible.

	I used the steps described at http://www.taupro.com/Downloads/Zope/Zope243 and
that has always worked well for me in the past. This is a Zope install for me to
investigate/learn Zope, so performance etc is not the goal. I'd rather have a
quick&easy setup, like I used to have :-(

	I'll see what I'll do. Thanks for the opinion & feedback.

marcio