[Zope] OT: drop down menus

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:20:16 +0200

Tim Hicks wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer.  However, as I said in my first post, I've had
> problems with Hiermenus and Konqueror. At the moment, if I'm going to
> pay for something, it'll be the Brothercake widget (although I've got a
> couple of other things to check out).

Ok ... I should have read it closer.

> I have a small site of about 100 pages.  The site provides information
> about a university department, and this information is very structured.
> To reflect this structure, different folders and subfolders are used to
> group similar items.  I think the deepest subfolder is about 4 folders
> down.

The funny thing is that I have just converted a site of mine using
hiermenus and dropdown menus to something using straight html menu's.

And everybody was better of doing it. Also the site got much faster ;-)

It is a site for a vocational school, and had a structure very similar
to the one you describe.

The problem is that the users never discivers the index_html files all
the way down tha navigational tree. So they lost a lot of information
that they needed to understand the page they finally ended up on.

They where very fond of a tree structure int the menu's, which I don't like.

So we ended up on the following compromise.

http://www.itet.ots.dk/

regards Max M

The reason I don't reach any higher is that I stand on the shoulders of
midgets.