[Zope] VirtualHostMonster question

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:43:55 +0200

kent@springfed.com wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've stared at the doc for some time, the
> answer isn't appearing.
>
> My gateway currently uses ipmasqadm portfw to
> change incoming http requests to zope_server:8080
>
> For local use, I have TUTOS running on port 80, served by Apache.
> (http://www.tutos.org/homepage/index.html - amazingly wonderful)
>
> I'd like to be able to access TUTOS from the world.
>
> Can I configure Zope to forward TUTOS requests to http://myserver:80/TUTOS?

Why not the other way around, i.e. forward requests with apache?
Seek zope.org for a howto (search for something like
apache+mod_rewrite+proxypass).
Then you just need an additional access rule which causes apache not to
proxy requests to http://myserver:80/TUTOS into zope.
If you don't find how to do that in a howto on zope.org, consult the
mod_rewrite documentation on apache.org, you need to put a [L] after the
access rule which matches TUTOS to indicate the rewrite engine to stop
there.

Oh, and it seems you misunderstand what VirtualHostMonster is supposed
to do: it just uses information of the request URI to "correct" the URIs
which are autogenerated by zope.

HTH,
oliver