[Zope] performance tuning

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:19:06 +0200

Edward Muller writes:
 > He brings up another question that has been on my mind recently.
 >
 > Is FastCGI faster than using Rewrite when fronting zope with Apache? Or
 > vice versa?
We recently switched from FastCGI to Rewrite rules via proxy ([P] rules).

Rewrite rules were slightly faster but much more stable:

  With FastCGI, our Zope was forcefully restarted by the monitoring
  software about every week because it did not respond in a timely
  fashion.
  The "-M" logging always revealed, that Zope had finished the
  response but the underlying ZServer was unable to deliver
  it.

  With rewrite proxy rules, Zope is deemed to
  be irresponsive only once in several months.

Dieter