[Zope] ZODB - cleaning up mistakes

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:53:42 -0700

In a moment of stupidity, while trying to get rid of an object gone
horribly wrong (I couldn't get into my zmi for some reason,
with "Attribute Error" on a particular object that *did* exist), I did:

>>> del(app.stupid_object)
>>> get_transaction().commit()

Well, of course that didn't fix my zmi problem, and now I couldn't
get at the offending object... so I did

>>> app.stupid_object="anything"
>>> app._delObject("stupid_object")
>>> get_transaction().commit()

... and now it's gone, and I can get into the ZMI.

Now for the question: the old stupid_object was folderish
and contained a lot of subobjects. What happens to these objects?
Are they still floating around in my ZODB since I never did any
kind of proper _delObject() on their container?  I just did del() on
it, and I don't know if that takes care of removing sub-objects from
the ZODB (seems doubtful).

If they're still around, is there any way to find and get rid of them?

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"