[Zope] ZODB - cleaning up mistakes

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:19:19 -0700

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 02:59:56PM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 Sep 2002 2:53 pm, Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> > If they're still around, is there any way to find and get rid of them?
>
> It depends on the storage

Plain old FileStorage.

> If this is FileStorage, then you have committed a couple of transactions that
> modified the top level object. Unless you have packed, the old objects are
> still intact.

That's what I thought, but how do I find a reference to them?

> The best option would be to undo your manual transactions, and
> get back to your original state.

I can't find anything in Undo that will bring this object back.
Remember, I got rid of it with del(app.stupid_object).
There's no Undo for that.

I did confirm that the sub-objects are around - I found a transactoin
for a sub-object and successfully did Undo on it.

So, knowing the ID of the object, is there a way to
find a valid reference to it so I can do a real _delObject()
on it?

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"