[Zope] How do you call a shell command from an external method

Friedlander Paul PaulFriedlander@Danfoss.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:54:33 +0200

I have been trying to get Ploticus to work from an external method with no
luck. I put the file (pl.exe) in the Extensions directory for the quick test
and used the following code"

import os

def test(self):
    result = os.system("c:\\Progra~1\\WebSite\\Extensions\\pl gantt.pl -gif
-o test.gif")
    return result

If I run the command from the prompt it works great. When I call this
function from Zope I get a return value of 1 and no file is created. I have
tried numerous variations on the path with no luck.

Does anyone know how I can shell out to the program?

Thanks

Paul Friedlander
Danfoss
paulfriedlander@danfoss.com