[Zope] product interdependancies

Davis Marques davis@mccalldesign.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:02:41 --700

I've been developing an architect's intranet system for myself for the past few
months and am about ready to productize it.  My problem is that my product
seems to now be dependant on a large number of other products that I
installed over the last few months to try out ... meaning, I installed these
other packages just to see what they did (but didn't use them in my intranet),
and now I can't remove them without breaking my own product.

When I made my ZClasses, I used ZCatalog:Catalog Aware, ZClasses:Object
Manager, and the Zope persistent object base classes.

Is there any way to remove the interdependancies to other products?  I've
tried exporting my product and reimporting it in a clean Zope but it doesn't
work.

Davis