[Zope] Zope Apache VirtualHostMonster

Júlio Silva jsilva@ruido-visual.pt
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:37:10 +0200

--=======4B602722=======

>This configuration will always return the Zope root, because that's how it's
>configured. You need to add the path, and the ending "VirtualHostRoot"
>statement. Like this:
>
>RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/
>       www.virtualdomain.com:80/www_virtualdomain_com/VirtualHostRoot/$1
>[L,P]
>
>Using ${} parameters might work (I haven't tried it) and then it would looks
>omething like this:
>
>RewriteRule ^/(.*)
>http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}/%{HTTP_HOST}/Virtual
>HostRoot/$1 [L,P]
>
>In which case the site root has to be located in /the.server.name.com/ .

Ok thats my problem, I know it works as you say, but I dont want to define
in apache conf info about my zope folder structure, in the example you gave
I would have to put my sites in /some.folder.on.zope.root, but:

1- I dont want to create this dependency between apache and zope
I dont want to explicitly put in apache knowledge about my zope folder
structure. The one that has
that info (map domain to folder) is my VHM, I thought there was a way to
call VirtualHostBase and just pass the domain and zope VHM would
return/handle the mapping to the correspondent zope folder where that
domain is hosted.
2- say I have my sites in different zope folder strucuture, one in
/mydomain.com and others in
/othersites/otherdomain.com? tricky.

I solved my problem using fastcgi which calls zope and then zope handles
the VirtualHost mapping.

If anyone has a solution for what I want not using fastcgi it would be
great, maybe someone
that knows more how VHM /VirtualHostBase.../VirtualHostRoot works.

Best Regards,
Julio Silva

---