[Zope] Session and objects

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:43:49 +0200

Hello, all.

I would like to handle session events. For example: user closes browser, =
etc.=20
Seems that is not possible, so I desire do it via the Session. But... is =
it possible=20
to add somethin non-string'ish into the SESSION? For example, I would lik=
e add=20
the an DB connecton or DB cursor or any other object.=20
But Zope tells me something like:

Error Type: InvalidObjectReference
Error Value: Attempt to store an object from a foreign database connectio=

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 150, in publish_m=
odule
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 114, in publish
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 159, in zpublisher_exc=
eption_hook
    (Object: storedProcedure)
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in publish
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 173, in commit
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 234, in commit
  File /opt/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 346, in commit
    (Info: (('Products.Transience.TransientObject', 'TransientObject'), '=
\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0b', ''))
InvalidObjectReference: (see above)

Is here some workaround or advantage?

--=20
Regards, Bogdan

BASIC:
        A programming language.  Related to certain social diseases
        in that those who have it will not admit it in polite company.