[Zope] Using an object's permissions and ownership properties

Michael Long mlong@datalong.com
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 00:47:53 -0500

Hi all,

Is it possible to restrict access to an object to the owner of the
object without creating separate roles for each object. If I have the
following structure:

root
  -- addressbook1
  -- addressbook2
  -- addressbook3

where each addressbook is owned by a different user.

I would like to set up permissions within a product to control access to
to the various methods that manipulate the data in each of these
addressbooks. Some of the methods should only be available if the user
has both the permission and is the owner of the addressbook. Other
methods would be available to all users with the appropriate permissions
regardless of ownership.

I can't find much documentation showing how to use an objects ownership
attribute to control access to an object. Is this a sane approach and if
so how would I go about implementing this?

Thanks,
Mike