[Zope] Re: MailHost under Zope 2.6.1

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:23:30 +0200

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, AM wrote:
>

>>I had a problem exactly like this under pretty much the same config.
>>However my problem was that I had a ':' character after the first word
>>in my body.
>
> Hmm, actually I have a ':' inside the message which is kind of logfile
> type
>     [date]: event
> Reading your mail and the hint from Lennart Regebro that it might be
> possible to specify all mail tags in the message this might be the reason.
>
> Is this documented anywhere?
>
> Seems kind of a bug if I can not use certain characters in a mail body
> without influencing mail header data. :-(

Maybe it's only some kind of misunderstanding... Please have a look at
Zope/lib/python/Products/MailHost/MailHost.py

If you want to send only a message-Body (only the content of a mail),
you should use:

  simple_send(self, mto, mfrom, subject, body):

If you want to send a complete messageText (headers + content), you
should use:

def send(self, messageText, mto=None, mfrom=None, subject=None,
              encode=None):

If you want to use send(...) to send only content, you should format
your messageText as messageText="\n"+messageBody.

Cheers, Maik