[Zope] Replacing index_html with index.html

Eron Lloyd elloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:15:42 -0500

Actually, what you'd probably be most interested in is this:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ObjectTypeAssociationAndDeathToIndexHtml

Last I heard it was delayed from the 2.6 series, but perhaps will make it in
2.7. However, it seems some of the code opening up the possibility for this
has made it into the code--have a look at <Zope>/lib/python/ZPublisher. Look
specifically at BaseRequest.py and search for __browser_default__. Perhaps
Casey can explain more about his vision and the status of this. That old
index_html -> index.html refresh is an old, tired hack.

HTH,

Eron