[Zope] problem with catalog and VHM

Steffen Hausmann steffen@hausmann-family.de
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:05:34 +0200

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the apache RewriteRule.

I'm using Zope 2.6.0 on a SuSE linux and the following RewriteRule
works perfect with the site I developed.

RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:8070/VirtualHostBase/https/foo.bar:443/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

The problem ist, that the folder in which the site is contained in is
called /brk and I don't want to access the site via foo.bar/brk.
Therefore I changed the RewriteRule into

[...]/VirtualHostBase/https/foo.bar:443/brk/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

This seemed to work until I discovered that parts of the site (which
use a catalog that is contained in the /brk folder named brkCatalog)
don't work anymore.

E.g. the funktion manage_afterAdd (which works perfect with the old
rule) raises an AttributeError.

manage_afterAdd(self, item, container):
		[...]
                self.brkCatalog.reindexIndex('publishDate', REQUEST=None)

AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'script'

    *  Module Products.brkBerichtverwaltung.brkBerichtverwaltung, line
    *  33, in manage_bericht
    * Module Products.brkBerichtverwaltung.brkBerichtverwaltung, line
    * 113, in _addBericht
    * Module Products.brkBerichtverwaltung.bericht, line 19, in
    * manage_addBericht
    * Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 272, in _setObject
    * Module Products.brkBerichtverwaltung.bericht, line 46, in
    * manage_afterAdd
    * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 455, in reindexIndex
    * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 761, in resolve_url

Any Ideas whats going wrong.

MfG Steffen
--
That you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't right behind you.