[Zope] what happens when I click restart...

Tena Sakai tena.sakai.b@bayer.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:02:15 -0800

Thank you, Jamie.
I gather it is better to use /Control_Panel buttons (than
stop and start scripts in zope directory).

Regards,

Tena Sakai

                      Jamie Heilman
                      <jamie@audible.tra        To:       Tena Sakai <tena.sakai.b@bayer.com>
                      nsient.net>               cc:       zope@zope.org
                                                Subject:  Re: [Zope] what happens when I click restart...
                      04/02/2003 08:39
                      PM

Tena Sakai wrote:
> What hapeens when I click Restart button from /Control_Panel
> of ZMI?  Does the stop and start scripts in the zope directory
> (of server) get executed?

Depends which version of zope you're using, and how you have it set
up, but generally - no it doesn't do the same thing; the stop and
start scripts use signals, the restart button triggers a more gentle
shutdown and exits in such a way that zdaemon knows it should restart
everything.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."