[Zope] Slight OT: My Zope is now powered by Linux

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:45:23 +0100

Hi all,

I was get last week from my chief separate machine to run Zope.

Before Zope runs at Win2k Terminal server, dual Xeon 1Ghz, 1GB RAM, SCSI
disks, intel server board.

Now Zope runs from Linux Mandrake 9.1, Celeron 950MHz, 128MB RAM, one IDE
disk with journaling XFS filesystem, intel non-server board with 3com
netcard.

Performance boost what I was get is 2-100 times better than from Windows
machine. 2 times is for cataloging (text index), about 10x boost is for
page rendering (DTML, STX) and about 100x better is for giving small images
(buttons, 90-400 bytes size).

Zope at Windows I was able to crash with 50 concurrent requests in time 2-3
minutes. Zope at Linux I was not able to make crash (with 3com netcard of
course, with onboard intel it crash whole system!) - I was crash my local
machine (win32, 300 concurrent requests) from where I was cyclically mirror
my zope webs.

So I was wery happy, my Zope runs as never before.

Regards JL.