[Zope] New permissions

Michael Havard nhavar@hotmail.com
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:41:27 +0000

I can't seem to find an example of adding new/custom permissions to a Zope
site. Maybe there's another way.

I currently have a site with three types of users
Author
Author2
Editor

Each role has specific things that they should be able to do. The problem
I'm running into is that some permissions are lumped into categories that
don't make sense for my users. For example:

The author role should be able to create new content in any folder they
should be limited in what content they can create. Authors should not be
allowed to create news, new folders, topics, or events. Author2 can only
create ONE type of document. Editors can create all types of documents.
The problem I've run into is that Authors need to be able to create folders
only under their home directories. Adding the "add folder" permission and
the "manage properties" permission under the owner role allows this to
happen. Unfortunately by adding the manage properties it also gives them
access to syndication and local roles, which I do not want them to have.

How do I rectify this or create new permissions that more closely match what
I need to do.