[Zope] New permissions

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
04 Apr 2003 08:51:48 -0800

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 07:41, Michael Havard wrote:
> I can't seem to find an example of adding new/custom permissions to a Zope
> site. Maybe there's another way.

If you're saying what I think you are, you're talking about something
that needs to be defined in the product's source code.  You *could*
always subclass/modify the code for your built-in products, but I
wouldn't advise it without a great deal of analysis.  The kinds of roles
and considerations you describe are fairly typical for Zope and I would
venture that the existing permissions are probably sufficient.

You've got complex enough requirements here that a simple answer won't
do.  I'd suggest checking out the newest version of the documentation
and come back to the list with any finer-grained challenges you run
into. You may want to pay particular attention to the section on
Security Policy Acquisition, as I suspect this may be where some of your
answers lie.

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx

HTH,

Dylan