[Zope] cookies, dtml and zpt

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:54:28 -0600

> I have a dtml_method (check_latest_news) wich also set a cookie.
> I use this method in a pagetemplate:
> If i test the method everything is working fine, but if i test the
> template, i receive the following error:  Error Value: global name
> 'RESPONSE' is not defined

I haven't ever done this, so I'm guessing, but I suspect that the DTML
method expects to be given the request as a parameter, which usually
happens automatically, but doesn't when you call it like that.

Try instead

python: container.check_latest_news(here, REQUEST)

or maybe

python: container.check_latest_news(here, REQUEST=REQUEST)

            --jcc