[Zope] status of SOAP, XML-RPC and WebServices support in Zope2

Johan Carlsson [EasyPublisher] johanc@easypublisher.com
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:30:10 +0000

At 16:26 2003-04-07 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
>>due to pressing needs I need to know what the status of SOAP, XML-RPC and
>>WebServices support in Zope2 are.
>
>Zope has complete, extensive support for XML-RPC.  It's really quite
>amazing.  I wrote an XML-RPC proxy some years ago that lets you proxy
>requests from a Zope server to another XML-RPC server (it's on zope.org).
>
>As far as I know, SOAP is not really supported by Zope directly.  I
>suspect it could be added pretty painlessly, since there are some really
>nice SOAP implementations in python, but I've not really looked into it
>further since XML-RPC works between Java and Zope, and that has been my
>only non-python need so far :)

Hi,
The following might be interesting?
http://www.zope.org/Members/guylux/Zope-soap

I haven't tested it because I don't really have any soap clients
yet, but I have checked the code to see how much that needs to
be patch to get Soap running. It doesn't seems to be that much?
(The Soap libraries I have looked at hasn't been quite strait forward).

This product might be sufficient to your needs?
Please let me know if you evaluate this product more thoroughly :-)

Of course it would be nice with WSDL and UDDI support as well, but
I guess they need to be integrated in to the AppServer parts of Zope
to really be useful? (Like ZClasses for instance)

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--
Easy Publisher Developers Team