[Zope] External Editor problem....

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:37:58 -0400

On Saturday 05 April 2003 04:47 pm, Dennis Allison wrote:
> I love the External Editor product -- it makes development very easy.  =
I use=20
it=20
> with vi on Linux connecting to Zope over the net.  BUT, sometimes it ju=
st=20
loses=20
> the edit file.  I load the file, do the edits, write it back, but the w=
ork=20
is lost.

There is no error message?

Have a look in your /tmp dir for zopeedit-traceback files. Maybe there is=
 one=20
there that contains a clue.

I'll admit this has happened to me in early versions of the product. But =
it=20
has never happened recently.
=20
> I don't see any pattern to the failures.  Any ideas what might be going=
=20
wrong.=20
> The installation is pure vanilla, out-of the box.

perhaps you need to turn on the "dont_fail_sporatically" option ;^)

-Casey