[Zope] Partial Export (Was: Exporting folders using wget)

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:11:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> > Look again at how the ZMI implements export in Zope 2.6.1.
> > I somehow miss the "id" that should be exported.
> It was equivalent to <folder> in 2.5.x and if you do this manually in the
> ZMI it works with empty object id field (provided you use the

It seems that the possibility to do exports of some folders via wget
vanished with Zope 2.6.1.  I do not know whether this is a bug which
should be reported or a feature.  Could anybody enlighten me how I
could work around it and solve the following problem

   <host1>  -----  <transport medium = my laptop>  ---- <host2>

I'm developing *some* projects at host1 (at work)  and host2 (at home)
and the synchronisation of these projects were done via

   1. Export <folder> from Zope at <host1> like above
   2. rsync this export to <transport medium>
   3. rsync <transport medium> to <host2>
   4. Import <folder>.zexp at <host2>

There is no direct connection between <host1> and <host2> and transporting
the whole Data.fs is no option at all.

Any hints how to do this automatically, i.e. without manually exporting
the projects?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy