[Zope] Progress information for long running process

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:21:47 -0500

Use streamed strings at every step completion:

Example (using a pythonscript):

statement 1
statement 2
context.REQUEST.response.write("statement2, done")
statement3
context.REQUEST.response.write("statement3, done")

Just take into account that  when you use this, all what your page will show
is what it was printed out by the response object. If you're willing to use
html, make sure to include the closing tags within each response string, as
much as possible.
To perform a redirection at the moment the stream ends (the messages page
gets finally rendered), you may use a simple javascript call placed at the
bottom (embeded as the last streamed string), because response.redirect(URL)
will not work

Ausum.