[Zope] can't start new thread

seila@gmx.de seila@gmx.de
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:51:11 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

we have just installed zope to a new server (RedHat 7.3, Zope 2.6.1, Python
2.1.3, Apache 1.3.27, multiprocessor: Dual Xeon HotSwap, ICP Vortex Hardware
Raid 10).
Since we have a problem reaching zope behind apache, we started prozess in
debug modus.
Zope seems to start normally (port 8081, 8021), after the first call of the
domain in the webbrowser (we get 500 server error), we find these 2 lines in
the debug log:

ERROR(200) ZServer Server Error: thread.error, can't start new thread
file: /zope/Zope-2.6.1/ZServer/PubCore/ZRendezvous.py line: 32

Has anybody an idea what the problem could be? Maybe the problem mentioned
in:
http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/solaris/report_ps
(Python Global Interpreter Lock)? Any ideas?

Thanx a lot,
Seila