[Zope] Re: big problem when upgrading from2.5.1 to 2.6.1

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:02:22 +0200

> I think you should add "traceback info may contain clues" in your
> howto so that googleing for this very specific message would be
> successfull.
Ok, I'll search my message in the newsgroup and include it.

> Also your solution says "I will assume that you have also a fresh
> installation of Zope 2.6.0 without anything on it and of course your old
Zope 2.5.1".

> As specified in my previous message, my problem is (was I hope) that
> I don't have my old Zope 2.5.1 ! This means that your solution, in
> case I had found it, was unusable at that time, i.e. before I tried to
> downgrade.
Sorry for that, I thought you had a backup.

> PS : I already know who I have to blame for not having a backup,
>      thank you very much.
Who me? I think it's a responsibility of each administrator to do a
backup before doing a software upgrade.

Anyway, now I just remmember that somebody disscussed just some days
ago a way of correcting mistakes if you have already upgrade your zope. He
said that you had to export as XML, look for a string (If I'm not bad it was
something like <object>, you've to look the archives) erased it and reimport
the object again.

Regards,
Josef.