[Zope] neverending thread: zope ssl apache

patrick sullivan paddie@rocketmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:15:14 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy:

I am trying to get zope/cmf/plone to run behind apache/ssl.
Ultimately, users will login via PAM to the intranet and access
the site over https.

Got apache and mod_ssl to work.  Got apache and zope and rewrite and
vhm to work.  Can not get the whole shebang together to work happily.

Right now i can go to:

http://my.site.com

and apache forwards the request to:

http://my.site.com:8080/myzopesite

and everything is good.  Can go to:

https://my.site.com

and brings up the default apache page on port 443.  I have tried quite
a few differnet versions of this in the httpd.conf.  Here is current
(all of the SSL stuff is elsewhere in httpd.conf, is this a problem?)

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.174>
  ServerName mems.zyvex.com
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/mems.zyvex.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/zdpc/$1
[P,L]
</VirtualHost>

I have run out of place to bang my head on, some suggestions would
be nice.

Thanks,

patrick