[Zope] Groups and Roles

Pierre-Julien Grizel grizel@mouli.net
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:27:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

You can do both, but setting roles in GrpA is surely better ! (you do not
have to process individuals but only work on groups).

Regarding LDAP : In LDAPUserFolder, LDAP "groups" are bound to Zope
"roles". So if you want to make LDAPUF's groups to appear as
GroupUserFolder groups, you've got to put an LDAPUF in GRUF's Users
section and another LDAPUF in GRUF's Groups section. Binding will be done
automatically if Zope roles match LDAP groups, or you've got to set
binding by hand in LDAPUF's interface.
We've been working happily with the LDAPUserFolder/GroupUserFolder
combination, and we should provide an detailed explanation on how to do so
in GRUF's README.txt file soon ! :-)

Regards,

P.-J. Grizel
mailto:grizel@ingeniweb.com