[Zope] Error -> A TaintedString cannot be pickled

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:13:21 +0200

Josef Meile wrote at 2003-4-15 17:25 +0200:
 > this error is really weird. After lots of intents, finally I
 > discovered that it happens whenever I save the sign: "<"
 > in a text field of a ZClass that I implemented. If I don't
 > write this symbol and save the object, it works.
 >
 > I know the code worked before in Zope 2.5.1 because there
 > is one object stored with that string, but when I try to modify it
 > or create a new one (with the string previously mentioned) in
 > zope 2.6.1, I get this error:

Tainted strings are new in Zope 2.6 to make it more difficult
that cross scripting bugs slip in.

If you are lucky, there is an explicite conversion between
a tainted string and a string. If not, you must make one in
an External Method.

Dieter