[Zope] What do we want in the way of Zope binary distributions?

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:46:16 +0200

Just some random thoughts from someone who doesn't use the binaries
anyway, but helped people who do:

LFS support on linux would be nice (if not obligatory when using Data.fs).

How are you going to cope with the fact that the stock python from the
distribution maker might not be the "recommended/supported" version for
the zope? I guess nobody can guarantee that even for the next two
version of RH linux.
So, are you going to include a python with the zope RPM?

While I'm no rpm expert, I know there are the options --relocate and
--prefix, which allow to modify where the package is installed. The
package must somehow support this.

So, an optimal installation package would IMO consist of two
rellocatable rpms, python (if needed because the distribution doesn't
have the right one) and zope.

cheers,
oliver