[Zope] Caching prob with headers or reverse proxy?

Germer, Carsten carsten.germer@desy.de
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:40:11 +0200

Hi there,

I have set up an Apache as reverse proxy and it works fine so far.
The actual problem is that I only get "image"s to cache, no pagelike
items...

Now I have tail -f on both the zope.log and the apache.log and access things
with lynx -mime_header [-reload] to check the header and caching ability.

If I load an item of type "image" a few times I get this header
  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:29:03 GMT
  Server: Zope/(Zope 2.6.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python
2.2.2, linux2) ZServer/1.1b1
  Last-Modified: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:07:21 GMT
  Connection: close

Voila! Delivered from my caching apache as I can also tell from the logs.
Apache has a 200 and full content length and zope has no hit in the log at
all.

Now I try the same with a page template and I always get it fully delivered
from zope. Bummer.
  HTTP/1.1 200 OK